Sunday, April 4, 2010

Database Project

I learned A LOT about Access during this project. I literally did not know anything before starting this project, so it was really eye opening. I learned how to do all the reports, forms and queries and found that I like using this a lot better then using Excel. I learned how to group data, validate data and sort out what I do not need to view only what I would like to see. I found that these skills are going to be very helpful in my work life and can not wait to make people jealous with my skills.
I way i would enhance the functionality of the database would be to be able to edit feilds by clicking on them to rename. That way you could rename a feild while out of design view. You would have to create a locking mechanism so only the editor would be able to edit, but I found that I was editing a lot and sometimes it was a pain to keep switching view. Also in design view for the table you should have different options on feilds. They could be just basic options like gender, and then to specify have an option for Male/Female. Having basic options would save a lot of time in most cases and time=money. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment