Sunday, March 21, 2010

Excel Project


This excel project was extremely time consuming for me. I had no idea how to do any of the required steps and had to re-watch the lectures multiple times. I opened the link at the beginning of the semester to just skim over the requirements for each project and at the time i thought to myself " O! this will not be that bad", boy was i wrong! I started the project late, unfortunately, and spent a long time trying to figure things out. All this information and learning is a good thing though as i have recently been employed and we use excel a lot! So hopefully all this tasks will come in handy.

The freeze panes were really confusing for me to figure out because the option at the top only gives you the option to freeze the first row only. It is really a good thing to know though so when you are working at the bottom of a work sheet and you need to have the labels visible at the same time it is sooo convenient. All the beginning things were pretty simple for me to fix and edit after having done the excel scavenger hunt. Like renaming he tabs and add columns, i would not have known how to do those things if i had not done the scavenger hunt before.

I am still not convinced that i am 100% on using and figuring out how to do them and input the data correctly, but, i guess it will reflect in my grade. I think that this project will help me in the long run in a future business career or even in my own work out and health routine. I am excited to show others what i have learned and help others if and when it is needed. The Pivot tables gave me a lot of trouble because i have never heard of them before this project and was not exactly sure what they were for or how they were used.

No comments:

Post a Comment