Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week 9: Muddy


OK...so... at the beginning of this hunt and project I was extremely worried. I have worked with excel before but only once and I am not at all confident with the software. I have to admit I kept putting it off because I was worried the information was going to overwhelm me and that with the rest of my midterms I was just going to stress myself out about nothing.
I know that Excel plays a huge role in our business world today and was actually pleased to be able to work with it and find shortcuts for things while I was doing research for the hunt. Like how to format cells, and add columns and delete them, etc. I am so pleased now that having done this hunt and having found this little hints and shortcuts because it will help me out a lot in future projects at work. I would normally sit there and spend a couple minutes clicking on different toolbar functions trying to figure out what it is I was looking for, now with a list of functions I can use my little cheat sheet I created.
One thing that I learned that I did not know how to do before is how to rename a worksheet. It is so much easier to name them something help so I know where to look for exactly what I am looking for. I had asked people that use excel for their business and they did not know how to do that, so I was able to help and show them how to use it.
I will be using excel on upcoming work projects and I will not be subjective to it. I am excited about the new techniques I have learned and to use the new skills and further my knowledge in the excel project.

No comments:

Post a Comment