Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 7: Clear

WoW! I had no idea that you should be renewing and updating your security software so much! I probably had not done an update in forever! I just spent the whole day almost cleaning up my computer. Luckily, I did not run into any viruses along the way. I also went and checked out my personnal firewall, I have Vista, thankfully, which automatically enables itself. I though that this was all done on its own, that the computer would take care of its own self, haha.
I thought it was interesting that for Mac's it is not reccommended to defragment your computer but for pc's it is. I have both types of computers at home. So I will defrag my Dell but not my apple :). Since fragmentation slows down your whole computer, hopefully by defragmenting my Dell it will improve its performance. It will allow files to be saved then as, contigous sectors, instead of fragmented pieces.
Who knew computers were this invovled.
I always try and rememer to back-up important information already on my computers. I have a couple different USB from over the years. I find saving my work to a USB is the best option for me. Not only does it save space, it saves work from possibly being destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment